Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Films of the Month - January

I don't feel like I had a good start to the year filmswise, although I did go to the cinema twice. I'm already doing better in February though. I would like to make more time to go to the cinema. My BFF goes all the time so I'll just have to tag along with her.


I was still in the Christmas spirit so I watched The Holiday as I've never seen it before. I liked Kate Winslet and Jack Black the best, but overall it was a cute film. 


I watched this for Jane's online film club. I hadn't seen it in years so it was good to see again and have a discussion with other people about it. 


I'd heard this was good so decided to watch it. It was fun and funny and I'll have to see the sequel at some point. Mila Kunis was really good.


I went to the cinema with Sam to see this. I loved the first one and this one is equally ridiculous. They're really good family films and really capture the spirit of Paddington.


Because I'd watched Bad Moms I decided to watch Bridesmaids again. I love it, I love Kristen Wiig a lot


Unrest - now this was on Netflix and I'd implore you to go and watch it RIGHT NOW. It's about the disease ME, made by one woman but it touches on other people's stories too. A close friend of mine has ME so it's a subject close to my heart. This is a heart wrenching documentary about a disease that is widely misunderstood, everyone should watch it.


This documentary about Oasis was on iPlayer and I'd heard it was good. It is, it focusses on Noel's and Liam's early lives in very touching ways, as well as the band and their successes. I wasn't a huge Oasis fan when I was a teen but there are certain songs that I love, so I enjoyed watching this.


I'm not quite sure why this was in my head but it was. I've seen it before, but not for years. I loved the book and although the film doesn't quite match up, it is a good film and it looks so beautiful.


A few people had mentioned that the documentary about Amy Winehouse was on 4OD so I knew I would have to watch it. I was a big fan of hers, and it still rattles me that she's dead and that she died so young. We would have actually been in the same year at school, she was just a few months older than me. The film is really traumatic to listen to, so I had to watch it in short bursts. It was amazing to see such lovely film footage of her. 


Finally, my mum and I went to the cinema to see The Greatest Showman. I wanted to see it and she said she'd come with me - and I think she enjoyed it more than I did. It looks stunning and a lot of the songs were really catchy, but I didn't love it. Hugh Jackman is very pretty, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment