Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Books and Films of the Month - June

I'm so far ahead in scheduling that this post is going to be posted right at the end of August, when it's the 3rd of July as I write this. It doesn't bother me, I know there'll be times when I've got less to say, but this year has been really busy so far which results in me having a lot to write about!

As every other month in 2017, my book reviews are all over here on my book blog. I read some excellent books in June, including The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas and Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe.

As for films, here's what I watched in June:


The Damned United - I'd never seen this and it was on iPlayer. I liked it and Michael Sheen was really good


The Little Prince - I didn't even finish this as I didn't like it much. It looks good, though


See No Evil - The Moors Murders. Not the most cheerful of films, obviously, but it is superbly acted by all involved


Into Thin Air - Death on Everest. I'm morbidly fascinated with people who climb Everest and the fact that so many people die while doing it. This is a bad film but interesting


I'd never seen Flashdance so I decided to, I like films about dancing but lord this was bad


T2: Trainspotting - Sam and I watched this at the same time and emailed each other as we did. I love the original film and I felt this was a good sequel. Really kitsch and very tongue in cheek in parts. I really liked it!


Matilda - I was browsing Netflix and came across this. I've seen it before but not for years, it isn't as good as the book but I liked it. 


And finally, I watched this film about Johnny Cash which was on YouTube and was a good look at his life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment