Friday, June 9, 2017

What I Wore 14th May

14th May was a busy day for me. It was my friend Pippa's 40th birthday and she was having a party in Sheffield, and from there we were going with our friends Bettie and Jen to my mother's as we're soon going on holiday together and needed to do online check in and all that stuff.

I had already decided to wear this Hell Bunny dress I got recently in the sale from Simply Be. I wasn't sure it would fit, and although it is a little bit snug around my waist, I think it looks fine. In fact, I think it looks perfect! The arms are a bit snug on me too, but they're not uncomfortable. The black bit at the top and the belt are velvet textured, which is nice. The material is houndstooth pattern, which you can't see very well in the picture, and it's quite thick, which meant I was quite warm as it was a warm day! Oh well, I'll know in the future. The skirt is really flared and spins gorgeously - I can't be the only one who likes to twirl in a spinny skirt!

I decided to keep my accessories green - I love my green brogues so I also wore green make up, jewellery, and hair clip. I got a lot of compliments on the dress so I'll definitely be wearing it again.


I also really want to wear this dress with black patent shoes and red lipstick

Pippa's party was held at the Showroom Cinema which weirdly enough was where Lee and I ate on Saturday that wekeend too. She had a gorgeous rainbow cake handmade by a friend, and it was so nice to meet her family and catch up with friends. The buffet was lovely and the cake was even lovelier! 


I had a yellow bit


A friend of Pippa's had made her this gorgeous rainbow bunting, filled with things that she loves. I particularly like the Emmerdale one. 


Here's the birthday girl about to cut her cake! 

Lee and Bettie and Jen and I then went to my mother's where she had made a roast beef dinner. It was delicious! Then for dessert she made this - it's ginger biscuits dipped in sherry and sandwiched together with cream. She used to make it a lot when I was little, so I requested it for this meal! 


No comments:

Post a Comment