Friday, April 21, 2017

Weekend in Derbyshire - Day 3

On our last day in Derbyshire we got up and had pancakes. Sam made them and they were beautiful - thin, crispy, delicious. I have mine drizzled with golden syrup, but we had lots of other toppings too. Then, sadly, Sarah and Jacqui had to leave us. They both had to work on Monday so needed to get home.


Steph took this photo of our breakfast table

After we'd said bye to the others, the three of us decided to go to Ashbourne. Again it's somewhere I've been before, so I knew there was a delicious cafe for lunch and some shops to have a look around in. There were also loads of cute gift shops and some charity shops, so we had a good poke round.


Steph took this picture of Ashbourne too.


Here's me squinting in the sun.


On the way back we stopped to take a photo looking down over Matlock Bath. 

We then went back to the cottage where we all got in our pyjamas by 4pm and spent the rest of the day watching rubbish films. It was a quiet end to a lovely weekend! I feel so lucky to have such amazing friends in my life who like the same things I do - peace, relaxation, alcohol, slumming around in pyjamas! It's pretty great. 


And finally, here are all the books I bought. The bottom two were from the British Heart Foundation shop in Ashbourne. I read the Star of the Sea years ago so I'm looking forward to rereading it. I liked Jane Shemilt's other book, Daughter, which I read either last year or 2015, so I thought I'd give this one a go too.

No comments:

Post a Comment