Thursday, December 15, 2016

Films of the Month - October and November

Again, I didn't get around to this post last month so you've got a double dose this month. Plus there's loads of films because I tried to watch more in October. So to that end I'm just going to write what I watched to save myself the time of finding all the images!

October
Harold & Maude - strange film, liked it
Gone Baby Gone - I don't even remember this now so clearly it made a big impact
Catching Fire (Hunger Games 2) - I wanted to watch Mockingjay so watched this first, it's my favourite of the 4
Mockingjay Part 1 - I've seen this before but had forgotten a lot of it, I liked it
Ghostbusters - the new version. On second viewing it's still fantastic
X Men Apocalypse - it's not my favourite of the prequels but it's really good.
Airplane - Lee and I were on holiday and I wanted to see this, I haven't seen it in forever but it's so funny
Rocky - Lee wanted me to watch this and I did quite like it, it's bloody long though
Singing in the Rain - it was a dreary Sunday afternoon and I fancied watching this, I haven't seen it since I was little. It's great isn't it.
Mockingjay Part 2 - I didn't think this was as good as the others in the franchise, but I still enjoyed it
Northern Soul - this was fantastic! Netflix recommended it and I loved it. It's about two teenagers in the 70s who get into Northern Soul music. If you like music, watch it
Halloween - it was the day before Halloween so we went with the theme. Jamie Lee Curtis is fantastic isn't she
Angus Thongs & Perfect Snogging - god this was awful. I loved the book, when I read it a million years ago, but the film absolutely did not live up to it. Dreadful!
Beetlejuice - It was Halloween so I watched this. I'm not actually sure I've seen it all before? I liked it

November

Far fewer films thanks to all the writing I was doing, but I watched:
The Craft - this has been one of my favourite films since I was 15. We are the weirdos, mister
The Heat - spurred on by enjoying Melissa McCarthy in Ghostbusters, I watched this because I've never seen it and I like Sandra Bullock too. It's funny
The Magdalene Sisters - this is a terrifying film but I really recommend it. I saw it when it hadn't been out long and although it's miserable it is worth watching. My book The Ballroom reminded me of it
The Flintstones - never let it be said I don't have diverse taste! I haven't seen this since I was about eight. It's cute.
My Scientology Movie - Louis Theroux is always great and this was really interesting and also slightly scary. I don't get big religious stuff like this
NW - this TV movie was on iPlayer, it's based on Zadie Smith's novel and I really liked it - check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment