Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Fancy festive meal

On the 18th of December I invited my mum and stepdad over for a meal as part of the advent gifts I'd done for them, where they had something to do or eat each day. I had planned a festive menu and Lee and I put a lot of work into it. We even got out the wedding china, cutlery and wine glasses, which are so beautiful and which I love dearly.

Here's the table:


Our living room is really small but we both like to have a dining table so it's usually tucked into one corner with just enough room for Lee and I to sit at, but for this meal we pulled it into the middle of the floor. I love the minimalist china - it's plain white with a grey stripe painted across. 

We had garlic bread to start with, then turkey and broccoli stroganoff with rice. Then I made this Terry's Chocolate Orange Cheesecake. It is a no bake cheesecake, you just mix everything together and leave it to set. It is really yummy, I'd like to make it again with the dark chocolate orange, or other dark chocolate! 


No comments:

Post a Comment