Friday, November 4, 2016

Books of the Month - September

It was good month for books, I read seven books and liked most of them. I read a lot of stuff that I got on NetGalley, so a lot of them are reviewed on my book blog.


1) The Graces by Laure Eve. I felt like this promised a lot more than it actually delivered. It was supposed to be like The Craft, which is one of my favourite films, but it sort of failed. My in-depth review is here


2) Street Soldier by Andy McNab. I didn't like the beginning of this film and felt like it was lacking something, but the second half of it made up for that. My in-depth review is here.


3) The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas by John Boyne. I picked this up in the library, I have of course heard of it but had never read it. I can't say I enjoyed it and the ending truly shocked me, although I don't know how else it could have ended. I wrote more about it here


4) When We Collided by Emery Lord. I really enjoyed this. It's difficult in parts, but the main characters are both incredibly easy to like. An important book in terms of mental health. My review is here.


5) Mummy's Girl by Lucinda Fox. I got this free on NetGalley and it was a quick read, but I didn't really enjoy it. 


6) When Everything Feels Like the Movies by Raziel Reid. This is a really hard hitting novel and one which I think is important. It didn't grab me entirely, but your mileage may vary. My review is here.


7) Something in Between by Melissa de la Cruz. This is an important story to be told - about an undocumented Filipino teenager who can't get a scholarship due to her status - but I didn't feel like it lived up to it. But, I did like it. You can read my further thoughts here.

No comments:

Post a Comment