Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Ireland Trip Day Six - Home!

Friday was the last day of our trip so we didn't get chance to do much as we had to take the car back to the airport and check in and everything. However, we drove to Avoca, which was where they filmed Ballykissangel. I never watched it, but it was nice to see the pub. I bought Lee some Tayto crisps as a souvenir there too. We drove back up the coast and stopped a couple of times before getting back to the airport super early.


The pub that Dervla Kirwin worked in


Looking down at Wicklow


Last selfie of the holiday!

In all, including the drive to the airport and back, I drove over 800 miles in six days, and I didn't freak out at all which was a huge achievement for me. I had the best time with my best friends - we laughed so much and I kept a record of what we'd done and said in my journal. We ate amazing food, saw some really gorgeous parts of Ireland, and drank lots of wine, whiskey, and beer. Ireland is stunning. It is a lot like Britain, but different enough that it felt like a real holiday. I'll definitely go back and take Lee - I'm looking at it already for next year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment