Saturday, April 30, 2016

Afternoon Tea in Bradford - Part III

When we'd finished in the museum I thought we'd have lunch there, but Sam and Jacqui told me that they'd booked afternoon tea at the hotel as a treat for me passing my MA! It was such a surprise and so lovely of them, so we headed back there for lunch.

The table was set really nicely and we could choose between tea, coffee, and hot chocolate to drink, and also choose any of their cold sandwiches to eat. I went with smoked salmon and avocado which was really yummy! Sam and Jacqui both had ham and tomato which they liked. 

The patisserie was delicious. There was a mille feuille which even I liked, a sharp raspberry tart, and a very nice chocolate eclair. We were all beginning to feel full then, but we powered on to the scones, which were warm, and the clotted cream which was delicious. I had blackcurrant jam which was also nice. 

I'd recommend the Midland for afternoon tea if you're in or close to Bradford, definitely. The staff were lovely and it's very nice surroundings, and the food was all gorgeous!


Jacqui and Sam


Look at my lovely tea tray!

No comments:

Post a Comment