Thursday, July 24, 2014

What I Wore 16th July

It was my friend Roslyn's birthday and I was free so I said whatever she wanted to do, we would do. She can't drive very far so she asked if we could go to the seaside as it's a good hour and a half to any kind of seaside from where we live in South Yorkshire. She wanted to go to Whitby which is two hours away, but I don't mind driving so off we went.

It was cloudy but warm, and it was absolutely packed! There were lots of people there, lots of retired people but lots of families too. We went to the Magpie for lunch, which is a fish and chip cafe. It's really famous and there's always a big queue but since there were only two of us we didn't actually have to queue for too long. We had fish, chips, mushy peas and bread and butter! It was fab!

We walked down on to the beach which is where I took this first photo.


We went up to Sandsend which you can walk to from Whitby if you're feeling energetic, but if not it's just a short drive. There's a cafe called Wits End which I really like and recommend! 


When we got home I got Ros to take some pictures of my outfit. I got this dress recently in the Evans sale for just £18. I'm wearing the 26/28 here and it's plenty big enough for me. I feel a bit like Minnie Mouse in this outfit! 

My shrug is from New Look, leggings are from Very and my sandals were from Brantano footwear and I'm absolutely living in them at the moment. 


As you can see, I've cut and dyed my hair. It was long overdue for a cut so I decided to go quite drastically short. I dyed it blue black and I love it! 


This is the drawstring on the dress and a close up of the pattern. There's no stretch in this cotton which I actually love. 


And here you can see the shirt top part and miracle of miracles - no gaping over my boobs! I love this detailing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment