Sunday, January 20, 2013

What I Wore Jan 18th


On Friday I was lucky enough to be invited on to the Coronation Street set! I write sometimes for the excellent Coronation Street Blog and all the bloggers were invited, so I think there were 12 of us that walked up to Granada in central Manchester. We saw Paul-the-fireman, Audrey waved at us, Sunita said hello, and Gail Platt walked past! We had a great time looking at both indoor and outdoor sets and learning little secrets about the programme! Later we went on on a locations tour to look at the 'real' Weatherfield.

Saturday was my birthday (29!) so since I was in Manchester I arranged for my mum, stepdad, and Lee to come over to make a weekend of it. We were worried they wouldn't make it because of the weather, but they did!

Anyway, above is a photo of the outfit I wore during the day. I took the photo in our hotel room - the Park Inn Radisson on Cheetham Hill Rd. I really recommend it as it's really lovely! It has a pool and a spa, too.

I'm wearing a paisley print top that I got from the clothes swap last week, it's from Evans, a blue denim skirt from Simply Be a few years ago (this is basically "jeans" for me as I don't wear trousers), and socks with bees on from New Look!


Here I am standing in the iconic Rovers Return doorway, wearing a black hoodie and scarf over my outfit above. My boots were from Peacocks but I'll share a better picture of them soon!

I hope the weather hasn't stopped you from doing what you wanted - and I'm so glad it didn't stop us from getting to Coronation Street!

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know you wrote on their blog glad you had fun and happy birthday too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had an awesome time and had a great birthday :D x

    ReplyDelete